Sales Support – New Business
Department: Sales and Business Development
Summary: This position is a key sales support role for new business development procedures on the ingredient and taste side of the business. A qualified individual will work closely with the VP of Business Development, the sales rep team, as well as communication and collaboration with supply chain and product development teams. This position supports all facets of the prospective communication, to opportunity creation, to 1st time product purchase. In the daily execution of this position, the individual will be communicating on regular calls and meetings both internally and externally, shadowing technical sales communications, and maintaining detailed and accurate records in the appropriate systems such as CRM.
The is an entry level position. The ideal candidate must be a self-driven, team player with self-initiative and strong writing and communication skills. The candidate must also be ready to learn and have a natural curiosity.
Reports To: VP of Business Development
Backup: Technical Sales Reps
- BS in Business, Communications, Marketing, or Chemistry is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of food and food ingredients
Work Experience Requirements:
- This is an entry level position with large growth potential.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work from Exton, PA office
- Collaborating with sales reps on new opportunity staging and action steps
- Shadowing sales reps during on customer communication
- Properly recording communication records
- Properly maintaining or updating customer information records
- Supporting a communication strategy with new prospective accounts
- Organizing trade show initiatives
- Organizing drip communication strategies
- Properly recording new opportunities, new projects
- Intermediate communication with customer and internal teams for documentation requests
- Learning and communicating the business products, services, and capabilities
- Packing and shipping of samples to prospect clients, which includes:
- Safe food handling practices
- Physical printing of food labels and shipping labels
- Physical packaging, shipment preparation, and within business drop-off
- Emailing reps or clients of sample and shipping information
- Quantity and value of records maintained
- Value and return of sales initiative implementation
- Quality, speed, and communication of outgoing prospective samples
About the Company:
The Food Source International Inc. is a technical ingredient company with a pulse on what is next. Founded in 1997, we prioritize quality, clean, and safe ingredients and seasonings that provide unique solutions to technical challenges that food processors face. Our passion for improving taste, wholesomeness, and health in food is at our core. We have increased our customer base by hiring creative, forward thinking team members who are extremely customer centric. Our customers are our business. Want to learn more? Check out our website at: www.foodsourceinc.com
TFSI CORE VALUES
We all play a role in the company’s success. We collaborate every day to do our part to support each other. Authentic, respectful, and inclusive conversations support our personal and professional growth and trust. Communication happens daily, great ideas come from everyone, and this supports autonomy in our work.
Each person at TFSI plays a role in driving an agile business that helps to serve our customers. We value relationships of our employees, customers, and vendors. We collaborate to meet or exceed our customer’s needs.
We are responsible for sourcing quality products that are cost-effective, and we deliver them accurately and timely. We hold each other accountable to service the customer.
The way it has always been, is not the way it has to be. Whether it is people, process, or product, relevant innovation and curiosity in all aspects drives our motivation.
Food is our passion. The integrity in our communication and service drives our passion to ensure safe quality ingredients and seasonings.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.