Position purpose: This position is a sales prospecting and growth role for the custom seasoning and flavor side of the TFSI business. A qualified individual will prioritize the prospecting for new business. In the daily execution of this position, the individual will have the unique opportunity to work directly with other sales staff, R&D Team, and Operations. The ideal candidate must be a self-driven, team player with initiative and strong writing and communication skills.
Reports To: Director of Business Development
Backup: Director of Business Development / Sales Support Representative
• Managing specific existing accounts, including key accounts
• Prospecting the market for potential new accounts and new business
• Develop tools to capture, measure, and analyze the service and growth of current business fulfillment
• Co-strategizing on potential steps, investments, and activities which mitigate business risk and support long term growth.
• Promoting product lines to prospective accounts through sales calls, cold calls, and trade interactions
• Maintain relationship with a set of on-boarded and existing clients
• Recording activities into the CRM record
• Report appropriate needs, problems, interested, knowledge of value into the organization
• Maintain a strong knowledge of for seasoning and flavor categories
• Additional functions as needed
• Customer communications including unique customers and prospective customers
• Measurement of re-occurring as well and newly developed business
• Opportunities Created along with value
• Opportunities Closed, and closed for wins
• New Items Created
• New Customers Created
• Sales and Gross Profit for Accounts
• Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to effectively communicate technical content, or vital business information
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Maintain a driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent critical thinking skills and high level of curiosity about customer needs
• Potential exists to work remotely. Up to 20% travel
• 5+ years in food ingredient, seasoning, or flavor sales
• Chemistry, Food Science, or related field a plus
About the Company:
The Food Source International Inc. is a technical ingredient company with a pulse on what is next. Founded in 1997, we prioritize quality, clean, and safe ingredients and seasonings that provide unique solutions to technical challenges that food processors face. Our passion for improving taste, wholesomeness, and health in food is at our core. We have increased our customer base by hiring creative, forward thinking team members who are extremely customer centric. Our customers are our business. Want to learn more? Check out our website at: www.foodsourceinc.com
TFSI CORE VALUES
We all play a role in the company’s success. We collaborate every day to do our part to support each other. Authentic, respectful, and inclusive conversations support our personal and professional growth and trust. Communication happens daily, great ideas come from everyone, and this supports autonomy in our work.
Each person at TFSI plays a role in driving an agile business that helps to serve our customers. We value relationships of our employees, customers, and vendors. We collaborate to meet or exceed our customer’s needs.
We are responsible for sourcing quality products that are cost-effective, and we deliver them accurately and timely. We hold each other accountable to service the customer.
The way it has always been, is not the way it has to be. Whether it is people, process, or product, relevant innovation and curiosity in all aspects drives our motivation.
Food is our passion. The integrity in our communication and service drives our passion to ensure safe quality ingredients and seasonings.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.