BLENDSOURCE, INC: Blend Operator
We are seeking a hardworking, enthusiastic, and collaborative Blend Operator looking to join a fast-growing company in Chester County, PA area, who thrives on a culture of teamwork and a place where your ideas matter.
The qualified individual’s primary job responsibilities will be manufacturing batches according to instructions, HACCP, and safety processes. This role shall follow all SOPs, safety guidelines, and work closely with warehousing and quality assurance. The individual should have a background in food or ingredient manufacturing with basic training in GMPs, Safety, and Food Safety. First Shift: 4-10 Hour Shifts (M-Thu or Tues-Fri), Overtime as required.
The individual will work closely with all aspects of operations- including warehousing and quality. We offer a competitive compensation package of base salary, 401K, Health Insurance, as well as the potential for uncapped growth.
- Responsible for performing processing of all batches and work orders related to food and ingredient manufacturing
- Processing to include weighing of materials, blending, entering data, and ensuring compliance with specifications
- Set up and operation of all manufacturing equipment: Blenders, Air Systems, Sifters, Metal Detection, etc.
- Review batch records and pick tickets to ensure proper lot control and labeling of materials
- Perform all-in process testing, sampling, and inspections during pre- and post op
- Weight and Scale Verification
- Sanitation Verifications
- Finished Product Sampling of all batches by lot for Quality Assurance
- Safety Pre-Check
- Responsible individual that meets order deadlines and performance metrics
- Maintain a sanitary workstation & environment- participate in all weekly sanitation of equipment
- Organize and properly store all materials in warehouse by allergen or regulatory requirements
- Follow all GMPs, Food Safety, and Safety regulations
- HACCP, GMP, ALLERGEN, SSOP, Food Defense, Kosher, Organic, and OSHA guidelines
- Assist with weekly, quarterly, & annual sanitation and basic maintenance
- Perform other tasks & duties regarding warehousing & food manufacturing as assigned.
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
- Brand New- State of the Art Blending Facility
- Climate Controlled (68-72 F) year round
- Ability to operate forklift & pallet jacks,
- Equipment type: scales, blenders, metal detection, and other manufacturing equipment
- Must be able to lift/move 55lbs or greater
- Must be able to stand/climb ladders -Routinely ascends/descends a ladder to service equipment.
- We provide uniforms, boots, and training (forklift, safety, food safety.)
- Skills in basic OSHA, Food Safety (GMPs), and fast-paced manufacturing environments.
- Forklift and pallet jack experience or license
- Ability to operate manufacturing and inventory systems (e.g. SAP, SAGE, ORACLE, or similar)
Experience and Education:
- 2+ years Experience in Food or Ingredient manufacturing preferred
- cGMP, FDA, and/or USDA experience preferred
- High school diploma (GED) or equivalent required
- Verbal and written communication skills- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Plant Manager or Production Supervisor
- Manufacturing, Quality,
Competitive Pay and Benefits:
- Position pays: $20-$25 per hour
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Wellness Events and an EAP
We all play a role in the company’s success. We collaborate every day to do our part to support each other. Authentic, respectful, and inclusive conversations support our personal and professional growth. Communication happens daily, great ideas come from everyone, and this supports autonomy in our work.
Each person plays a role in driving an agile business that helps to serve our customers. We value relationships of our employees, customers, and vendors. We collaborate to meet or exceed our customer’s needs.
We are responsible for sourcing quality products that are cost-effective, and we deliver them accurately and timely. We hold each other accountable to service the customer.
The way it has always been, is not the way it has to be. Whether it is people, process, or product, relevant innovation and curiosity in all aspects drives our motivation.
Food is our passion. The integrity in our communication and service drives our passion to ensure safe quality ingredients and seasonings.
We offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- HEALTH, VISION, DENTAL 401(K) · PTO/HOLIDAYS · WELLNESS ACTIVITIES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Monday to Friday-7:00am to 3:30pm, or 8:30am to 5pm (overtime as required including some weekends)
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.