Love numbers and want to support a variety of departments with your interest in business? The Accounting Clerk will assist in all functional accounting areas. This position would allow for a unique opportunity to assist with general clerical, AP, AR, Inventory, reconciliations if needed, ad hoc projects, help with month end, and receiving in product.
• Performs generalist accounting functions that impact other departments within the organization.
• Prepares related reports and share discrepancies with impacted departments.
• Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, assists with AR/AP, and other ad hoc projects to improve processes
• Reviews customer accounts to assist department
• Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
• Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems, training; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
• Supports purchasing with invoicing system.
• Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
• Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ability to correctly prepare reports.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
• Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
• At least three years of related experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
Competitive benefits, hybrid work model, and awesome people to work with.
About the Company:
The Food Source International Inc. is a technical ingredient company with a pulse on what is next. Founded in 1997, we prioritize quality, clean, and safe ingredients and seasonings that provide unique solutions to technical challenges that food processors face. Our passion for improving taste, wholesomeness, and health in food is at our core. We have increased our customer base by hiring creative, forward thinking team members who are extremely customer centric. Our customers are our business. Want to learn more? Check out our website at: www.foodsourceinc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.