Supply Chain Specialist/Buyer
Check out this great opportunity for a Supply Chain Specialist/Buyer at The Food Source International. In this position you will have a major impact on the business by reviewing suppliers, comparing costs, building relationships, and recommending sound decisions on cost savings and strategy for purchasing.
- Execution of day-to-day purchasing activities to high performance standards.
- Assist with logistics related issues related to immediate purchasing needs.
- Maintaining daily inventory as needed & assisting in the development of inventory control metrics.
- All aspects of ingredient sourcing including identifying potential supply partners based on quality, cost, reliability and customer service.
- Engage in contract negotiations with vendors and suppliers to drive competitive cost advantages, outcomes and results.
- Maintain and further develop outstanding relationships with both existing and new suppliers.
- Review and communicate pricing and supply concerns to Sales for new opportunities and update as needed in a timely manner.
- Effective collaboration with R & D, Sales, Quality, Logistics and Production.
- Assisting in the further development of best practices and processes in sourcing and purchasing strategies.
- Helping to implement and facilitate process improvements and standardization to existing purchasing processes and delivery systems.
- Identify raw material challenges and pinch points, and work to minimize their potential impact.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of ingredient and seasoning categories.
- Meet KPIs as assigned.
*Denotes food safety responsibilities
Salary: 65K-90K based on experience.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or a related field
Work Experience Requirements:
- 4+ years’ experience working for a food manufacturer in purchasing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A great team player with a passionate drive to be successful.
- Strong understanding of the market conditions and trends.
- Working knowledge of negotiation techniques in the industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal and social skills to build a good rapport.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet non-typical time of day work requirements with the understanding that supply partners are globally diverse.
About the Company:
Since 1997, The Food Source has been offering a product mix to industrial food processors which includes dehydrated ingredients, seasoning mixes, and application specific flavors. The Food Source products are unapologetically flavor forward. The company is looking to hire team members with natural curiosity, creativity and ability to explore creative solutions, inherent desire for growth, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Company Mission: Vertically drive the future of taste. Execute critical outcomes for our customers through consociation, artistry, passion, agility, and accountability. Perpetuating growth through our enthusiasm for people and our incessant drive to achieve.
Company Vision: Passion for Food. Obsessed with Taste. Committed to life.