Sample Laboratory Technician- On-site Opportunity
Great Opportunity to work with Food Scientists!
In this collaborative work environment, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow while supporting a key area of the business. We are seeking a quality driven and customer service focused Sample Laboratory Technician that loves food. If you are able to measure ingredients, enter data, and are interested in a fun, friendly, and passionate work environment, check out the details below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compound seasoning samples on a daily basis for shipment to customers
• Maintain precise and detailed data keeping of all lot numbers of raw materials used in formulas
• Maintain inventory of all ingredients in the lab and a system to replenish
• Develop supplier contact database and collaborate through email for samples
• General Lab duties including loading and unloading dishwasher, cleaning seasoning equipment, emptying all trash and breaking down cardboard
• Maintain clean and organized laboratory to ensure safety and efficiency
• Retrieve all incoming lab deliveries on a daily basis and log each shipment
• Package and heat seal all incoming base product
• Set up shipments through FedEx and UPS for all customer samples on a daily basis
• Enter all sample data into appropriate databases
• Communicate tracking for each sample to appropriate salesperson and CSR
• Create labels for samples with ingredient statements, usage and allergens and pack for shipment
• Organize, label and put away all lab retains on a daily basis
• Interaction with Research and Development, Sales, Customer Service and Quality departments
• Any additional tasks delegated from the food technologists and Vice President of R&D
Skills and Abilities:
• Understand and follow all food/personal safety policies and Good Manufacturing Practices
• Must be able to run basic math calculations and conversion of formulas to percentages.
• Must be able to weigh out ingredients with precision using a digital analytical balance
• Ability to meet timelines on assigned samples and prioritize time efficiently
• Must be able to understand technical instructions and follow precisely
• Strong computer skills and ability to use multiple types of software and programs
• Exhibit a positive and can-do attitude in a fun fast paced environment
High School Diploma, Cooking or lab experience a plus
Department: Research & Development
Reports To: Vice President of Research & Development
Work Experience Requirements: Entry level
Physical Requirements: Regular exposure to airborne particles or dust from spices and other ingredients. Occasionally lift heavy bags of ingredients.
Compensation: $17.00-19.00 per hour
About the Company:
The Food Source International Inc. is a technical ingredient company with a pulse on what is next. Founded in 1997, we prioritize quality, clean, and safe ingredients and seasonings that provide unique solutions to technical challenges that food processors face. Our passion for improving taste, wholesomeness, and health in food is at our core. We have increased our customer base by hiring creative, forward thinking team members who are extremely customer centric. Our customers are our business. Want to learn more? Check out our website at: www.foodsourceinc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.