Quality Regulatory Specialist
Have a strong regulatory background and want to work where your talents are appreciated? We are currently seeking a Quality/Regulatory Specialist to join our growing team. TFSI seeks a confident, highly organized, results oriented, creative professional to work in an energetic and collaborative environment. The qualified individual’s primary job responsibilities will be maintaining a robust supplier approval program, responding to customer documentation requests, and completing required documentation for certifications such as Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Organic, and so forth. The individual should have a strong regulatory background that allows them to understand the types of requests being fulfilled. The individual will work closely with our exceptional QA and Research & Development teams. We offer a hybrid work environment, competitive compensation package of base salary, 401K, Health Insurance, as well as the potential for uncapped growth.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as required:
• Serve as backup to other department employees (QA Manager, QA Specialist, QA Documentation Clerk)
• Manage supplier approval program using TraceGains
• Respond to customer document requests using email and document management systems (Tracegains, Repositrak, Safety Chain, etc.)
• Research and find answers to regulatory requests. Stay up-to-date on upcoming food regulations.
• Complete documentation required for certifications such as Gluten-Free, Non-GMO, Organic, Kosher, Vegan, etc.
• Request needed documents from suppliers as they pertain to food safety, quality, legality or product authenticity
• Complete SARF and label for ASN emails.
• Assign SKU numbers for raw materials and seasoning blends as needed. Set up SKUs in GP for raw materials and seasoning blends.
• Set up new formulas and components in Vicinity.
• Set up seasoning blends in appropriate matrix.
• Review and approve seasoning formulas from comanufacturers.
• Review and save COAs to drive, notifying appropriate parties.
• Perform final production releases.
• Perform salt and moisture analysis on samples as required.
• Perform QC sample setups as needed. Review preshipment samples.
• Participate in department projects and process improvement. Complete additional tasks upon request.
B.S. Food Science or related discipline or equivalent experience within the industry
Minimum 3 years experience within the food industry including quality and regulatory experience.
Experience working with GFCO, Organic, Non-GMO Project, etc. a plus
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, good decision-making skills, and willingness to try new things.
Extreme attention to detail required.
Flexibility to support changing assignments and priorities in an independent and reliable fashion.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint is required.
About The Food Source International:
The Food Source International is a mid-sized manufacturer and distributor of food ingredients. Founded in 1997 and located in Exton, PA, The Food Source International dedicates itself in ingredient innovation, vertical integration and a dedication to food safety vital in today’s food industry. Want to learn more, check out www.foodsourceinc.com
TFS CORE VALUES
We all play a role in the company’s success. We collaborate every day to do our part to support each other. Authentic, respectful, and inclusive conversations support our personal and professional growth. Communication happens daily, great ideas come from everyone, and this supports autonomy in our work.
Each person at TFS plays a role in driving an agile business that helps to serve our customers. We value relationships of our employees, customers, and vendors. We collaborate to meet or exceed our customer’s needs.
We are responsible for sourcing quality products that are cost-effective, and we deliver them accurately and timely. We hold each other accountable to service the customer.
The way it has always been, is not the way it has to be. Whether it is people, process, or product, relevant innovation and curiosity in all aspects drives our motivation.
Food is our passion. The integrity in our communication and service drives our passion to ensure safe quality ingredients and seasonings.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.