Position Purpose: This position has a primary function of collecting cost information, forecasting future costs, assuring price quotes are delivered, understood, and maintained. In the daily execution of this position, the individual will have the unique opportunity to work directly with Supply Chain, Research and Development, Logistics, Accounting, Operations, and Sales.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to collect and analyze numbers, analyze markets for potential financial exposure, as well as maintain detailed and organized information. The individual must be a self-driven, a team player with initiative and strong writing and communication skills.
Reports To: VP of Business Development
Backup: VP of Business Development, others TBD
- Advanced skills within the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically excel
- Ability to understand a navigate both ERP Software and CRM Software.
- Basic understanding of food and food ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Business Information Systems or related
Work Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years working in a purchasing or accounting role.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work from Exton, PA office, potential for partial remote
- Managing the pricing request log
- Creating the costing templates
- Verifying the costing accuracy for items of uncertainty
- Evaluate risk or necessary to request new raw material costs
- Adjusting cost where appropriate to hedge on market advantages
- Strategize with sales on price quoting (handling of RM MOQ’s, hitting price targets, following up on bids)
- Communicate unique raw material timing that would affect customer lead time
- Gather and forecast cost impact due to operational changes (ie increased treatment costs, freight costs, 3PL costs, etc)
- Calculate fully burdened costs based on operational and logistical impacts for annual ingredient contracts
- Evaluate vs competitive market, co-strategize for efficiencies
- Prepare formal customer price quotes
- Record customer prices in price quote log for quicker CSR reference
- Be accountable for price quote turn-around that is quick, accurate, and acknowledged
- Turn-around time for sales quotes
- Accuracy of forecasted costs
- Transactional level margin success
- Accuracy of maintained price books, quotes, pricing logs
- Successful engagement to successfully win tendered business opportunities
- Low financial impact for unique stranded raw materials
About the Company:
Since 1997, The Food Source has been offering a product mix to industrial food processors which includes dehydrated ingredients, seasoning mixes, and application specific flavors. The Food Source products are unapologetically flavor forward. The company is looking to hire team members with natural curiosity, creativity and ability to explore creative solutions, inherent desire for growth, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Company Mission: Vertically drive the future of taste. Execute critical outcomes for our customers through consociation, artistry, passion, agility, and accountability. Perpetuating growth through our enthusiasm for people and our incessant drive to achieve.
Company Vision: Passion for Food. Obsessed with Taste. Committed to life.
TFSI CORE VALUES
We all play a role in the company’s success. We collaborate every day to do our part to support each other. Authentic, respectful, and inclusive conversations support our personal and professional growth and trust. Communication happens daily, great ideas come from everyone, and this supports autonomy in our work.
Each person at TFSI plays a role in driving an agile business that helps to serve our customers. We value relationships of our employees, customers, and vendors. We collaborate to meet or exceed our customer’s needs.
We are responsible for sourcing quality products that are cost-effective, and we deliver them accurately and timely. We hold each other accountable to service the customer.
The way it has always been, is not the way it has to be. Whether it is people, process, or product, relevant innovation and curiosity in all aspects drives our motivation.
Food is our passion. The integrity in our communication and service drives our passion to ensure safe quality ingredients and seasonings.
The Food Source International offers the following benefits to full time employees:
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.