To assist Food Technologists with lab tasks and duties such as but not limited to:
- Blend existing seasoning and flavor formulas daily for shipment to customers
- Apply to finished product as needed for tasting
- Taste various food products and ingredients on a daily basis for evaluation
- Fill out project log with appropriate data for all resamples and off shelf samples
- Preparation and set up of raw materials and retention samples for tasting
- Backup to manage lab inventory of raw materials and supplies needed to support daily tasks
- Maintain precise and detailed data keeping of all lot numbers of raw materials used in formulas
- Develop supplier contact database and collaborate with suppliers for samples, pricing and documentation for raw materials
- General Lab duties including loading and unloading dishwasher and maintaining a clean area
- Retrieve all incoming deliveries on a daily basis and log each shipment into incoming sample log
- Scan all formula sheets used for shipped samples on a weekly basis onto server
- Package up and heat seal all incoming base product from customers into individual foil bags within one day of receiving
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for new Innovation
- Any additional tasks delegated from the food technologists and Vice President of R&D
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced fluid environment with tight deadlines
- Solid math skills using percentages, decimals and ratios
- Excellent tasting skills and ability to articulate the nuances with detail
- Precise weighing on a digital scale required
- Excellent attention to detail and documentation abilities
- Self-starter with the ability to solve problems with innovative solutions
- Ability to collaborate well with a team and also work independently
- Fast and accurate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possess a constant desire to learn in a fun environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree not required but Culinary or prior lab experience helpful
- Prolonged periods standing in a lab/kitchen setting. Ability to recall information and manage data while working on a computer.
About the Company:
The Food Source International Inc. is a technical ingredient company with a pulse on what is next. Founded in 1997, we prioritize quality, clean, and safe ingredients and seasonings that provide unique solutions to technical challenges that food processors face. Our passion for improving taste, wholesomeness, and health in food is at our core. We have increased our customer base by hiring creative, forward thinking team members who are extremely customer centric. Our customers are our business. Want to learn more? Check out our website at: www.foodsourceinc.com
TFS Core Values:
We all play a role in the company’s success. We collaborate every day to do our part to support each other. Authentic, respectful, and inclusive conversations support our personal and professional growth. Communication happens daily, great ideas come from everyone, and this supports autonomy in our work.
Each person at TFS plays a role in driving an agile business that helps to serve our customers. We value relationships of our employees, customers, and vendors. We collaborate to meet or exceed our customer’s needs.
We are responsible for sourcing quality products that are cost-effective, and we deliver them accurately and timely. We hold each other accountable to service the customer.
The way it has always been, is not the way it has to be. Whether it is people, process, or product, relevant innovation and curiosity in all aspects drives our motivation.
Food is our passion. The integrity in our communication and service drives our passion to ensure safe quality ingredients and seasonings.
The Food Source International offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- HEALTH, VISION, DENTAL · 401(K) · PAID VACATION/PTO/HOLIDAYS · TUITION REIMBURSEMENT· WELLNESS ACTIVITIES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Monday to Friday-Office hours 8:30-5:00
- EMAIL: HR@foodsourceinc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.