Director of Supply Chain
The Food Source International is seeking a Director of Supply Chain to manage all aspects of day-to-day activities of the business. If you are curious, believe you can learn anything, and like to help other grow, please check us out. We are making a difference in the food industry, and we are looking for a smart, curious, customer obsessed leader to join us.
Supply Chain Responsibilities:
• Execution of day-to-day supply chain activities to high performance standards.
• Develop and monitor forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on inbound materials and outbound finished goods.
• Manage and coordinate the material planning, inventory control, storage, shipping and receiving functions.
• Define performance metrics for measurement comparison or evaluation of supply chain factors such as product cost or quality.
• Direct inbound and outbound shipments of raw materials and supplies. Analyze raw material and finished goods inventories to determine how to improve production efficiency, increase
inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
• Coordinate with other internal and external departments to ensure efficient distribution and flow of materials to satisfy customer demand.
• Responsible for the overall direction of work coordination and evaluation of the materials management and scheduling staff members.
• Responsible for managing employees including skills development, safety, housekeeping, policy administration, discipline, performance evaluation, employee relations, cost control, and
• Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production requirements. Ensures regulatory compliance to federal, state, and local agencies (DOT, OSHA, EPA, etc.) by monitoring
operational performance locally and ensuring corrective action plans are followed that will prevent legal exposure.
• Leads development of site level supply chain operating objectives, planning, and reviewing attainment to goals, analyzing, and reviewing transportation, distribution, and 3rd party
performance, and monitoring adherence to operating plans.
• Establishes and initiates improvement programs for all business objectives including processes improved methods capital investments and changes to the practices that will improve
safety, quality, growth, cost (productivity and controllable costs), service and culture, and efficiently integrate the flow of shipments into and out of the site.
• Maintains capital spending budget consistent with the goals and expectations of the business.
• Engage in contract negotiations with vendors and suppliers to drive competitive cost advantages, outcomes and results.
• Maintain and further develop outstanding relationships with both existing and new suppliers.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of ingredient and seasoning categories.
• Meet and create KPIs as assigned.
• Minimal travel required as necessary to vendor sites or trade events
*Denotes food safety responsibilities
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Backup: Vice President of Operations/Managers
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, logistics, business administration or a related field
• 4+ years’ experience working for a food manufacturer in supply chain preferred
• Ability to inspire teams and lead necessary improvements for the business.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Solid experience with computer systems, supporting order processing, customer service, etc.
• Excellent time management skills
• Team player who demonstrates passion to drive success
• Strong understanding of the market conditions and trends
• Working knowledge of negotiation techniques in the industry
• Demonstrated knowledge of the transportation and distribution industry.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and manage a diverse workforce across multiple shifts.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to employees all levels of management, Business Units, suppliers, and vendors.
• Basic understanding of accounting and budgeting processes.
• Warehouse Education & Research Council and APICs memberships helpful.
• Exceptional interpersonal and social skills to build a good rapport
• Positive and professional demeanor
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Strong strategic and analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to meet non-typical time of day work requirements with the understanding that supply partners are globally diverse
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Ability to learn new tasks, remember processes, maintain focus, complete tasks independently, make timely decisions in the context of a workflow, ability to complete tasks in
situations that require a sense of urgency.
• Maintain valid driver’s license and insurance.
About the Company:
The Food Source International Inc. is a technical ingredient company with a pulse on what is next. Founded in 1997, we prioritize quality, clean, and safe ingredients and seasonings that provide unique solutions to technical challenges that food processors face. Our passion for improving taste, wholesomeness, and health in food is at our core. We have increased our customer base by hiring creative, forward thinking team members who are extremely customer centric. Our customers are our business. Want to learn more? Check out our website at: www.foodsourceinc.com
TFS CORE VALUES
We all play a role in the company’s success. We collaborate every day to do our part to support each other. Authentic, respectful, and inclusive conversations support our personal and professional growth and trust. Communication happens daily, great ideas come from everyone, and this supports autonomy in our work.
Each person at TFS plays a role in driving an agile business that helps to serve our customers. We value relationships of our employees, customers, and vendors. We collaborate to meet or exceed our customer’s needs.
We are responsible for sourcing quality products that are cost-effective, and we deliver them accurately and timely. We hold each other accountable to service the customer.
The way it has always been, is not the way it has to be. Whether it is people, process, or product, relevant innovation and curiosity in all aspects drives our motivation.
Food is our passion. The integrity in our communication and service drives our passion to ensure safe quality ingredients and seasonings.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.