BLENDSOURCE, INC: Sanitation Porter
We are seeking a hardworking and dependable Sanitation Porter looking to join a fast-growing company in Chester County, PA area. The ideal candidate will thrives in a culture of teamwork and working in a space where their ideas matter.
The qualified individual’s primary job responsibilities will be 70% performing routine sanitation… basic maintenance, and cleaning of the facility. 30% will be working collaboratively with operations to ensure manufacturing needs are met in a timely basis. First Shift: M-F, Overtime as required
The individual will work closely with all aspects of operations- including warehousing and quality. We offer a competitive compensation package of base salary, 401K, Health Insurance, as well as the potential for uncapped growth.
- Responsible for performing housekeeping, sanitation, and daily upkeep of the manufacturing plant
- Complete routine master sanitation tasks as required:
- Operate floor scrubber, clean warehousing areas, empty and remove trash, empty all cardboard and packaging from manufacturing
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitary conditions in office, conference rooms, employee and visitor entrances, cafeteria and company store including production and service department offices and break rooms.
- Maintain clean perimeter around facility and dock areas
- Clean racking, walls, areas high traffic
- Keep all interior and exterior areas free of debris and hazards including: wood, pallets, plastic wrap, etc. including, but not limited to the trash compactor area (exterior), and parking areas
- Complete daily sanitation log and report any issues to your supervisor
- In-charge of maintaining sanitation supplies and Cintas cabinets
- Follow all GMPs, Food Safety, and Safety regulations
- HACCP, GMP, ALLERGEN, SSOP, Food Defense, Kosher, Organic, and OSHA guidelines
- Assist with weekly, quarterly, & annual sanitation and basic maintenance
- Perform other tasks & duties regarding operations, warehousing, & food manufacturing as assigned.
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
- Brand New- State of the Art Blending Facility
- Climate Controlled (68-72 F) year round
- Ability to operate forklift & pallet jacks,
- Equipment type: scales, blenders, metal detection, and other manufacturing equipment
- Must be able to lift/move 55lbs or greater
- Must be able to stand/climb ladders
- Skills in basic OSHA, Food Safety (GMPs), and fast-paced manufacturing environments.
- Floor scrubber operation
- Forklift and pallet jack experience or license a plus
Experience and Education:
- Experience in Food or Ingredient manufacturing preferred
- cGMP, FDA, and/or USDA a plus!
- High school diploma (GED) or equivalent required
- Verbal and written communication skills- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Plant Manager or Production Supervisor
- Manufacturing, Quality,
Competitive Pay and Benefits:
- Position pays $18-$22 per hour
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Wellness Events and an EAP
Our Core Values:
We all play a role in the company’s success. We collaborate every day to do our part to support each other. Authentic, respectful, and inclusive conversations support our personal and professional growth. Communication happens daily, great ideas come from everyone, and this supports autonomy in our work.
Each person plays a role in driving an agile business that helps to serve our customers. We value relationships of our employees, customers, and vendors. We collaborate to meet or exceed our customer’s needs.
We are responsible for sourcing quality products that are cost-effective, and we deliver them accurately and timely. We hold each other accountable to service the customer.
The way it has always been, is not the way it has to be. Whether it is people, process, or product, relevant innovation and curiosity in all aspects drives our motivation.
Food is our passion. The integrity in our communication and service drives our passion to ensure safe quality ingredients and seasonings.
The Food Source International offers the following benefits to full time employees:
- HEALTH, VISION, DENTAL 401(K) · PAID VACATION/PTO/HOLIDAYS · WELLNESS ACTIVITIES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Monday to Friday-7:00am to 3:30pm, or 8:30am to 5pm (overtime as required including some weekends)
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.